10 Things That Define Your Brand
© 2020 Vinny Ribas and Shelby Ann Brakeville
As an artist you have your own individual brand. It is defined by the impression you leave people with. If you don’t design your brand to be exactly what you want it to be, the public will design it for you. You take a dire risk any time you leave that option up to the public. That’s why it is critical to purposely craft every touchpoint you have with the public. Consistency across all touchpoints is the key. Some of the things that you can use to define your brand include:
- Your music is, of course, a key indicator of your brand.
- Your social media presence should lead people to know what to expect from your music.
- Your image – everywhere you go and in every picture – should represent the style of music you play. This includes music videos.
- What you say in interviews, whether they are audio, video or in print, are all ways people define you. They leave a lasting impression.
- Your values speak volumes about who you are and what your music will be about.
- You will always be branded by the company you keep.
- People will look to your story to learn who you are on a deeper level.
- Your logo should be representative of your brand.
- Your album and single artwork should indicate what the lister should expect from your music.
- Your interests, hobbies and passions are all influential factors in your brand.
By purposely crafting each of these touchpoints. you can establish the brand that you want to be known for.That way any time people hear your name, hear a snippet of your music, see your picture, read a gig announcement, watch a music video etc., they will all have the same reaction – the one who you programmed them to have because it is how you want to be identified and remembered.Tags: brand branding