10 Ways To Deepen Your Connection With Your Fans
© 2020 Vinny Ribas
Your super fans love both you and your music. However, what they love more than anything is being recognized and appreciated! That comes from having direct contact with them how and where they feel comfortable communicating. Here are some of the top ways to get closer to your fans.
- Let them see multiple sides of you on Instagram, YouTube and Facebook live. Share your ideas, passions, frustrations and more.
- Personalize your mailing list. Most email programs allow you to do this automatically.
- Invite them to pre-show and post-show meet and greets. This could even be online. Things like this make your fans feel special.
- Recognize them and call them by name from stage. Nothing makes a fan feel more important.
- Hang out at your merch table and talk to your fans until the last one leaves
- Be active with your fan club (e.g. Patreon). They are your lifeblood. Don’t ever take them for granted.
- Offer your fans thank you gifts (free concert, downloads etc.).
- Comment back on their social media comments. They will be more inclined to continue commenting.
- Follow them on social media and leave comments. This endears you to your fans.
- Conduct live teleconferences (Skype, Zoom etc.). These can be formal or informal. The point is to give them something exclusive.